Image Access WideTEK 12 Spectrum Flatbed Scanner
Fastest UV, VIS, IR, 3D and Backlight Flatbed Scanner in A3+
The WideTEK® 12 SPECTRUM scanner captures images faster and more accurately than most much higher-priced lab instruments. This backlight flatbed scanner captures objects under ultraviolet (UV) at 365nm, visible light (VIS) as well as the infrared (IR) contrast of objects under IR light at 850nm in formats up to DIN A3+ (12 x 18 inch).
Another unique feature is the capability to capture 3D surfaces for industrial quality control and surface inspection applications. From Braille print on medication boxes to SMD parts on electronic boards, the superior image quality of a WideTEK® 12 SPECTRUM captures every detail.
The WideTEK® 12 SPECTRUM was designed for authenticity verification of banknotes, passports, ID cards, certificates, and other special objects containing security features. The built-in backlight in the lid detects watermarks and other semitransparent features of documents.
Multilight Scanning with Razor Sharp Accuracy
Under all lights from UV, visible, to IR; it scans up to 1200dpi (3D mode 600dpi) at astonishing speeds. A full color or IR scan of the whole area at 300dpi only takes 3 seconds, while the highest resolution scan at 1200dpi is ready after 12 seconds.
3D Lighting Slider
WideTEK® 12-SPECTRUM Flatbed Scanner - Functions
- Full area VIS, IR scan in less than 3 seconds, UV in 12 seconds
- Scans with UV light at 365NM to capture fluorescent emission
- Scans with IR light at 850NM to capture infrared contrast
- Scans with visible light (VIS) for highest color accuracy
- Scans with 3D light to capture surface structure of objects
- Scans with backlight to capture VIS transmission
- Calibrates to conform with ISO 19264-1 Level A, FADGI ****, Metamorfoze guidelines
- Borderless glass plate prevents bent edges on source documents. Scratch resistant & non-reflective.
- 48 bit color depth
- Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Small footprint but scans 18% more surface area than A3
- 17.4 inch width, only slightly more than scanning area
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Scan2USB -- Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Pad® -- Operation via tablet, smartphone or other mobile device
- Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB and native RGB
WideTEK® 12-SPECTRUM Flatbed Scanner - Features
- 64 bit Linux, Intel® Core™ i3 Generation 8 Prozessor, 240GB SSD, 8GB RAM
- Two LED lamps with VIS (white), one lamp with UV (365nm), one lamp with IR (850nm), white backlight
- Built-in backlight in the lid detects watermarks and other semitransparent features of documents
- Large color WXGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 12-SPECTRUM Flatbed Scanner - Options
- Batch Scan Wizard -- Software option for batch scanning
- Attach an external monitor for instant previews
- Scan2OCR -- Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
WideTEK® 12-SPECTRUM Flatbed Scanner – Technical Data
|Maximum Document Size||Max. 313 x 470 mm (12.3 x 18.5 inch),
18% > DIN/ISO A3
|Autoformat Size Recognition||yes, crop & deskew|
|DIN Format||DIN A5 – DIN A3|
|ANSI Format||Letter, Legal|
|User Defined Format||yes|
|Scanner Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Optical Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||Maximum format VIS & IR @ 300 dpi < 3 s, @ 600 dpi < 6 s, @ 1200 dpi < 12 s;
Maximum format UV @ 300 dpi 12 s
|Scan Speed Color 3D||Maximum format VIS @ 300 dpi < 6 s|
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit color indexed, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data and more
|Scan Modes||Plain with diffused illumination, 3D with visible surface texture, UV, IR, backlight|
|ICC Profiles||Embedded ICC profiles for sRGB, Adobe RGB, native|
|Quality||Calibrates to conform with ISO 19264-1 Level A, FADGI ****, Metamorfoze guidelines|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel® Core™ i3 generation 8 processor,
240GB SSD, 8GB RAM for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WXGA (1280*800) touchscreen|
|USB Port||1 USB 3.0 Port|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||Tri-Color CCD camera, 22,500 pixels, encapsulated and dust-proof|
|Light Source||Two LED lamps with VIS (white), one lamp with UV (365nm), one lamp with IR (850nm), white backlight Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation|
|Lamp Lifetime||White 50,000 h (typ.), Backlight 50.000 h (typ), UV 20.000 h (typ.), IR 20.000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|255 x 440 x 795 mm (10 x 17.4 x 31.3 inch)|
|Weight Scanner||30 kg (66 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 Vac, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply, complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)|
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 2.5 W (Standby) / 28 W (Ready to scan) / 55 W (Scanning) / 150 W (Backlight)|
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 32 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.
We offer a rental service for certain Bookeye Models.
Please contact us to enquire about this service: [email protected]