Image Access WideTEK 36 ART-600
The Image Access WideTEK 36 ART is a dedicated Artwork scanner that far outperforms a standard Camera Copy system.
It is designed for Artwork from the ground up, with 600DPI, 48 bit full colour, 16 bit Greyscale captured by full RGB sensors unlike most copy camera’s that use a Bayer matrix to estimate colour and detail. This combined with an inbuilt Unix based operating system that runs a simple to use, Image Access interface and is perfectly colour corrected to reproduce every subtle tone and colour change.
Additionally the WideTEK 36 includes a creative 3D lighting system that can lets you choose your lighting output from perfect flat 50/50 lighting to left or right biased to bring out the surface texture of your Artwork. No other system can capture original Artwork as accurately as the WideTEK 36 ART.
3D Lighting Demo Slider
The Scanner Advantage
In 2016, Image Access began developing a new type of large format scanner, specifically designed to scan fine art. In March of 2017, the first WideTEK 36ART fine art scanner was introduced at the CeBIT Technology Fair in Hannover, Germany.
Up to now, scanning and digitizing fine art has been done primarily off-site, by photographers with large camera studio setups where the art to be scanned has to be taken out of its environment and brought to the studio. Not only is this a logistical issue but also costly and time consuming. And the work of art is no longer available for viewing until it is returned.
With the introduction of the WideTEK ART scanners, Image Access makes it possible to scan fine art without the need for complicated camera studio setups. Ideally, the scanner can sit in a museum for scanning entire collections or can be driven around in a mobile setup. An ingenious system for space-saving transport, as well as simple and fast setup and dismantling make the scanner the ideal mobile tool for digitization service providers, which can now deliver their services directly in the museums, galleries or exhibitions.
WideTEK® 36ART Functions
- Scans fine art or other material 914 x 1524 mm / 36 x 60 inches wide or 914 x 2224 mm / 36 x 87.6 inches wide, with optional scan table extension
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- Maximum scan height of 100 mm / 4 inches
- Document thickness of 200 mm / 8 inches (E.g. Canvas up to max. 100 mm in a frame up to 200 mm thickness)
- Fastest color scanning at 42.2 mm/s / 1.66 inch/s @ 300 dpi
- Fastest 3D texture color scanning at 21.1 mm/s / 0.83 inch/s @ 300dpi
- 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more "blind"scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB -- Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
WideTEK® 36ART Features
- Contact-free scanning of fragile material or even wet artwork
- Scan table can be moved manually or motorized
- Dual LED lamps with integrated natural light diffusor, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large 15 inch color touchscreen for simplified operation
- Single path texture scanning, patent pending stitching
- Motorized focus adjustment up to 4 inches
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
|Maximum Document Size||914 x 1524 mm (36 x 60 inches),
optional Scan table extension up to 914 x 2224 mm (36 x 87,6 inches)
|Maximum Scan Heights||100 mm (4 inch)|
|Document Thickness||200 mm (8 inch)
E.g. Canvas up to max. 100 mm in a frame up to 200 mm thickness
|Autoformat Size Recognition||yes|
|DIN Format||DIN A5 – DIN A0|
|ANSI Format||Legal, US E|
|User Defined Format||yes|
|Optical Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||300 dpi – 42.2 mm/s (1.66 inch/s)
600 dpi – 21.1 mm/s (0.83 inch/s)
|Scan Speed Color 3D||300 dpi – 21.1 mm/s (0.83 inch/s)
600 dpi – 10.7 mm/s (0.42 inch/s)
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit color indexed, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||15 inch color touchscreen|
|USB Port||1 USB Port 3.0|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||3x Tri-Color CCD, 67.500 pixels, encapsulated and dust-proof|
|Light Source||Two lamps with white LEDs, integrated optical diffusor, no IR/UV radiation
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|with runway: 1380 x 3275 x 1280 mm (54.3 x 128.9 x 50.4 inches)
without runway: 1380 x 690 x 1280 mm (54.3 x 27.2 x 50.4 inches)
Scan table: 1000 x 2100 mm (39.4 x 82.7 inches)
|Weight Scanner||200 kg (440 lbs.)|
|Weight Scan table||22,5 kg (50 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 Vac, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 5.2 W (Standby) /
< 50 W (Ready to scan) / < 110 W (Scanning)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 35 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 25 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.
We offer a rental service for certain Bookeye Models.
Please contact us to enquire about this service: [email protected]