Image Access WideTEK WT36DS
WideTEK® 36DS Wide Format Duplex Scanner
For documents to 36 Inches (915 mm) Wide
WideTEK® 36DS – the world´s first wide format duplex scanner for digitization of two sided printed documents up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width. At a resolution of 300 dpi the scanner needs only 2.5 seconds to scan the front and back sides of a newspaper page in a single pass through the scanner.
WideTEK® 36DS Wide Format Duplex Scanner
For documents to 36 Inches (915 mm) Wide
WideTEK® 36DS - the world´s first wide format duplex scanner for digitization of two sided printed documents up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width. At a resolution of 300 dpi the scanner needs only 2.5 seconds to scan the front and back sides of a newspaper page in a single pass through the scanner.
The idea of double sided scanning in one production step primarily means less production effort: The document no longer needs to be flipped over and scanned again on the other side. That makes the scanner an ideal companion for press clipping, archiving and library services.
The scanner features two camera boxes, both consisting of three CCD systems, integrated into the upper and lower part of the device. The WideTEK® 36DS captures both sides of the newspaper at the same time. After scanning, software separates the scanned document into four single images; capturing the left and right half of the front and back of the newspaper - everything in one single step.
The scanner is equipped with two processor units. This allows an extremely fast data throughput. The patented stitching procedure merges the images of the cameras seamlessly together. The scanner resolution of 1200 dpi guarantees brilliant scan results.
The WideTEK® 36DS encompasses the proven technologies of the entire WideTEK® scanner family.
Compact Design - Double the Scanning Power
The mechanical construction of the WideTEK® 36DS is also a highlight. The more extensive mechanics and additional camera and light units were integrated into the device without dramatically enlarging its dimensions. The duplex scanner is only 13 centimeters larger than the compact WideTEK® 36. The complete camera optical system is integrated in two dust-free sealed housings. Once optimally adjusted, all components are protected against external influences and require no maintenance.
Special transport rollers, with individually spring loaded ball bearing pairs serving as pressure points; ensure the best possible gentle document transport. WideTEK® 36DS digitizes even historical and fragile documents without damage to the source document.
WideTEK® 36DS Wide Format Duplex Scanner - Functions
- High performance wide format duplex scanner for double sided documents up to 36 in. (915 mm) wide
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- Compact design - double the scanning power
- 2.5 seconds at 300 dpi for front and back sides of a newspaper page
- Scans up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width
- Fastest color scanning at 15 inches per second (22.9 m/min) @ 200 dpi
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more "blind"scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB -- Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
WideTEK® 36DS Wide Format Duplex Scanner - Features
- Scans both sides of a source document in a single pass
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- Operating system independent, runs under Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Unix
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 36DS Wide Format Duplex Scanner - Options
- Transparent document carriers for fragile document handling, available in two sizes: A0 and A1
- Foot Switch -- Hardware option for batch scanning
- External 22" touchscreen for virtual rescans
- Batch Scan Wizard -- Software option for batch scanning
- Scan2iPF -- Software option for direct and fast copy to imagePROGRAF
- Scan2EDIT -- Software option for scanning and image processing in a single step
- Scan2ICC -- Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
WHY IMAGE ACCESS?
Image Access is a leading German manufacturer of wide format scanners: book scanners, flatbed scanners and art scanners.
Founded in 1994, Image Access is a technology market leader developing and delivering innovative large format scanners and digitization solutions to customers based in nearly every country across the globe.
Image Access scanners produce the highest quality image output at the fastest speed available in the large format market. They are committed to providing products with a focus on ecology and sustainability by using long-life LED illumination, ongoing compliance with electrical and ecological norms and standards, and through their own technological platform, Scan2Net® – a recognized standard for reliability, flexibility and ease of use.
Image Access is the only scanner manufacturer that offers products in all large format segments:
- Overhead scanners for valuable books more than A1 in size
- Flatbed scanners for formats greater than DIN A3 / 12.5×18.5 inches
- Sheet feed wide format scanners for documents between 36, 48 and 60 inches in width
- Duplex scanners for high volume production of double sided scans up to 36 inches
- Fine Art scanners for non contact overhead scanning of 36 x 60″
|Maximum Document Size||970 mm (38.2 inch) width. Information about the maximum scan length in the technical specification.|
|Maximum Scan Width||max. 915 mm (36 inch)|
|Document Thickness||max. 2.5 mm (0.1 in.)|
|Autoformat Size Recognition||yes|
|DIN Format||DIN A5 – DIN A0|
|ANSI Format||Legal, US E|
|User Defined Format||yes|
|Scanner Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi (optionally 9600 x 9600 dpi interpolated)|
|Optical Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Paper Path||Face up/Face down, Front entry, Front or rear exit|
|Scan Speed Color||200 dpi – 22.9 m/min (15 inch/s)
300 dpi – 15.2 m/min (10 inch/s)
600 dpi – 6 m/min (4 inch/s)
1200 dpi – 3 m/min (2 inch/s)
|Scan Speed BW||Wie 24 Bit Farbe|
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit color indexed, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1|
|Scan direction||± 0.08% across 36 inch scanning width|
|Transport direction||± 0.08% with new transport rollers|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
16 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WVGA (wide VGA) touchscreen|
|Monitor||22 inch preview screen (optionally available)|
|USB Port||1 USB Port|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||3 Tri-color CCD camera, 67.500 pixels, encapsulated and dust-proof|
|Light Source||Two lamps with white LEDs, integrated optical diffusor, no IR/UV radiation
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|248 x 1094 x 685 mm (9.8 x 43 x 27 inches)|
|Weight Scanner||64 kg (141 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 10.4 W (Standby) /
100 W (Ready to scan) / 190 W (Scanning)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 35 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 25 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.
Enquire About WideTEK
We offer a rental service for certain Scanner Models.
Please contact us to enquire about this service: [email protected]