A3+ Sized Flatbed Scanner
The WideTEK® 12-650 is available for applications where A3+ is large enough but fast scanning speed and high optical resolution is required. The scanner needs less than three seconds to scan the largest format of 12.3 x 18.5 inches in normal mode at 300dpi and only 12 seconds in 3D mode at 600dpi, twice as fast as the closest competition. The WideTEK® 12 flatbed scanner delivers high resolution color, black and white or grayscale images in jpeg, tiff, pdf and most other standard image output formats. It combines production ready design and uniquely compact dimensions in a new class of professional but affordable flatbed scanners. The new scratch resistant, non-reflective glass plate has been expanded to reach the edges of the flatbed scanner, making it 100% protective of the documents laid on it. No more bent or folded edges on your source documents.
Backlight Unit for X-rays, film, negatives and more
The WideTEK® 12-650 brings you an even higher return on investment with the addition of the new WT12-BACKLIGHT option for scanning transparent material of all kinds, like X-rays, glass negatives, 35mm microfilm aperture cards, cutout stencils, sepias and film.
Above is an example of the various media scanned with the backlight unit. The scans are at the top and the source material below.
The optional backlight unit replaces the standard scanner lid. It is easily assembled and users can scan with or without the backlight, depending on the source material requirements, by simply switching the light on or off. The unit can be purchased separately for customers who already own a WideTEK 12-650. If you are a service provider, this gives you even more ways to generate revenues with your WideTEK 12. In the medical sector, operators can scan negatives, radiography, cardio plaques and larger paper documents in black and white, color or grayscale as required. The WideTEK 12 is compact, only (44cm, 17″) wide, so it will fit in any doctor´s office or hospital floor. There are many film scanners available on the market for small image formats and even medium sized images, but in the large format range, film scanners are very rare and/or prohibitively expensive. The WideTEK 12-650 wide format scanner goes far beyond just film scanning and does it an a surprisingly affordable price. Municipalities, cadastral offices, oil companies, GIS services and other government agencies use the WideTEK 12-650 to digitize and archive a number of different types of documents. But the WideTEK 12 flatbed scanner is also ideal for photographers, galleries, advertising agencies and graphic artists to present and preserve their work in a digital format.
2D and 3D scanning
The revolutionary 3D scanning mode opens many new opportunities in the printing and industrial inspection markets. The 3D scanning mode captures the texture of surfaces so perfectly that the scan on a screen looks like the real thing. The WideTEK 12 has two LED lamps, twice as many as the competition. With their new diffusors, these lamps produce an extremely homogeneous illumination which eliminates all unwanted shadows caused by folds, wrinkles and other distortions of the scanned object. It also comes with a built-in 64bit Linux PC running on an Intel i3 quad core processor and 8GB of memory.
WideTEK® 12 Flatbed Scanner – Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the WideTEK® 12-650 color flatbed scanner.
WideTEK® 12 Flatbed Scanner – Functions
- 12.3 x 18.5 inch or ISO/DIN A3+ scan of full document bed in less than 3 seconds
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze light, ISO 19264-1
- Borderless glass plate prevents bent edges on source documents. Scratch resistant & non-reflective.
- 48 bit color depth
- Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Small footprint but scans 18% more surface area than A3
- 17.4 inch width, only slightly more than scanning area
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print — Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network — Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Pad® — Operation via tablet, smartphone or other mobile device
- Wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB and native RGB
WideTEK® 12 Flatbed Scanner – Features
- Integrated 64bit Linux, Intel i3 quad core processor, 8 GB memory
- Dual LED illumination with integrated optical diffusor for optimal results, no warm up, IR-/UV-free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 12 Flatbed Scanner – Options
- Backlight unit for transparencies, films, photos, X-rays. Replaces the standard lid and includes power supply. Download the WT12/WT25-BACKLIGHT brochure here.
- Batch Scan Wizard — Software option for batch scanning
- Attach an external monitor for instant previews
- Scan2OCR — Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty — Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts