Image Access Bookeye 5 V3A
The Bookeye 5 V3A is a top of the line, automated A3+ sized Book scanner that offers industry leading technology and speed. Image Access have, with the Bookeye 5 range, designed a high tech efficient book scanner that also is gentle on your books with no compromise in offering the industry best output in results as well as file handling.
The new Bookeye 5 scanner series is a technology masterpiece that is so simple to operate.
Fully re-engineered, the Bookeye 5 V3 is the smallest member of a new generation of eco-friendly, ergonomic and easy to operate book scanners. The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is a true scanner solution, not just a digicam mounted on an expensive frame. It was specifically designed as a self-service book scanner for formats 50 % larger than A3 (390 x 480mm / 15.3 x 18.9 inch) and it delivers professional image results. The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is fast and easy to operate, affordable, but with the power of a production book scanner. The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is so small that it can be set up on any desktop or workspace. Installation is so simple, you will be scanning within minutes after taking it out of the box. Easy, fast and affordable. The Bookeye® 5 V3 book scanner is perfect for libraries, archives, offices and anywhere you want to scan and copy. A 21 inch full HD multitouch screen allows the operator to control image quality and make many modifications on the fly. Pinch and swipe on the touchscreen the same way you would on a smartphone to zoom or move around in the image during preview. Attach a second, optional screen to operate the scanner with the main touchscreen and preview images using the second screen. The Live Preview function uses a second matrix camera to present a live video view of the document position before scanning.
Bookeye® 5 V3A Automatic Book Scanner - Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the Bookeye 5 V3A Automatic book scanner.
Bookeye® 5 V3A Automatic Book Scanner - Functions
- Color overhead scanner for A3+ formats
- High resolution line sensor with 600 x 600 dpi scanner resolution
- Maximum Document Size 390 x 480 mm (15.3 x 18.9 inches)
- Operation in dark mode enhances scan quality and improves operation through less light reflection
- Live preview function shows the document position in live video for optimal placement
- Magnetically coupled V-shaped book cradles 120 - 180 degrees
- Motor-driven V-shaped glass plate for perfect scans
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2 and other 3rd party Software
- Laser assisted book fold correction - Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Optimize images without rescanning, real time display of scanned images
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Digital color balance - wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, native RGB
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB -- Direct output to the integrated USB-Port
- Scan2Net® -- Output to SMB, FTP, Printer, Email
- Output formats: Multipage PDF (PDF/A) &TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG) and many more
Bookeye® 5 V3A Automatic Book Scanner - Features
- Easy three button operation: Start -- Scan -- Send
- USB 3.0 port accessible on the front panel
- Large 21 inch full HD color multitouch screen for simplified operation, 2nd preview screen optional
- Smallest possible footprint, sits on any desktop or workspace
- User interface configurable in over 20 languages
- Intel® Core? Gen 8 processor, 240GB SSD, 8GB RAM
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Can be used as a standalone device without an external PC
- Virus protected 64 bit Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- Uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Scan2Net® technology
- Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light and ISO 19264-1
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Simple installation - scan minutes after taking it out of the box
Bookeye® 5 V3A Automatic Book Scanner - Options
- BSW-P-BE5-00 * -- Batch Scan Wizard Pro License for Bookeye 5 V3
- BE-TWAIN * -- TWAIN driver
- S2N-FSC -- Foot Switch, hardware accessory for batch scanning
- Scan2OCR -- Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with Batch Scan Wizard)
- Scan2ICC -- Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- BE5-V3-A-SP12M -- Full Coverage Warranty for one year-- Up to 5 years subscription available
* only with the option: Client Interface & HD 600 dpi
|Maximum Document Size||390 x 480 mm (15.3 x 18.9 inch), 50% more than DIN/ISO A3|
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A3+ @ 150 dpi: 0.8 s
DIN A3+ @ 200 dpi: 0.9 s
DIN A3+ @ 300 dpi: 1.3 s
DIN A3+ @ 400 dpi: 1.7 s
DIN A3+ @ 600 dpi: 2.4 s
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data and more
|ICC Profiles||Embedded for sRGB, Adobe RGB and native. Individual profiling via web based Scan2ICC subscription|
|Quality||Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel® Core™ Gen 9 processor,
250GB SSD, 8GB RAM for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||21 inch Full HD 1920 * 1080 multitouch screen|
|USB Port||1 x USB 3.0 port, 4 x USB 2.0 port|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||CCD line sensor, 22,500 pixels (11,000 scan lines equals to a 245 MPixel matrix camera)|
|Live Preview Camera||CMOS matrix, area sensor|
|Light Source||White LEDs, tested according to IEC 62471, no IR/UV emission
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h typ. Lamps are covered by the Extended Warranty Option|
(H x W x D)
|720 x 510 x 540 mm (28 x 20 x 21 inch)|
|Weight Scanner||31 kg (68 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 1.5 W (Standby) / 55 W (Ready to Scan) / 125 W (Scanning)|
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
All Bookeye Scanners come with 12 Months Return to Base (RTB) Warranty for Parts and Labour. This means you will need to arrange for the Scanner to be sent back to the Docuvan Office in Bayswater Victoria for any Warranty claim.
There are Optional Warranty Upgrades available for 1 to 5 Years Extended On-Site Warranty.
These cover Parts & Labour On-Site (we come to you) for the period selected and include the Extended Support below. Please be aware these options do not cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the On-Site Support.
We are happy to discuss the options with you, if you are interested.
There is also an Extended Support Package, available for 1 to 5 Years. This is same day response by Phone, Email and Remote Connection Only.
We work with you to try and identify the problem.
Most issues can be diagnosed remotely and do not require a site visit. However, if an issue can’t be sorted remotely, then the scanner will need to be returned to the Docuvan Office for further investigation and support.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.
We offer a rental service for certain Bookeye Models.
Please contact us to enquire about this service: [email protected]