Image Access Bookeye 5 V2A Automatic
The Bookeye 5 V2A is a top of the line, automated A2+ sized Book scanner that offers industry leading technology and speed. This version comes with a V shaped automated glass pressure plate that is lowered on to the book holding it flat for the perfect scan as well as assisting workflow. Image Access have, with the Bookeye 5 range, designed a high tech efficient book scanner that also is gentle on your books with no compromise in offering the industry best output in results as well as file handling.
The new Bookeye 5 scanner series is a technology masterpiece that is so simple to operate.
The Bookeye 5 V2A has been fully redesigned to be even more eco-friendly, ergonomic and easy to operate than the previous Bookeye 4 models. Bookeye 5 V2A offers maximum efficiency throughout the entire scanning process. Its modular product concept enables an easy upgrade from the Basic model to the Kiosk version or to the Professional version, depending on your budget and scanning requirements.
The Bookeye 5 V2A book scanner now scans faster and delivers the highest quality image results, while offering smart, new functionality. It is a true scanner solution, not just a digicam mounted on an expensive frame. It was specifically designed as a self-service book scanner for formats 14 % larger than A2 (460 x 620mm / 18 x 24 inch), intuitive built in operating system.
Installation is so simple, you will be scanning within minutes after taking it out of the box. The Bookeye 5 V2A is perfect for libraries, archives, offices and anywhere you want to scan and copy.
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner - Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the Bookeye 5 V2A Automatic book scanner.
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner - Functions
- Color overhead scanner for A2+ formats
- High resolution line sensor with 600 x 600 dpi
- Maximum Document Size 460 x 620 mm (18 x 24 inch)
- Operation in dark mode enhances scan quality and improves operation through less light reflection
- Live preview function shows the document position in live video for optimal placement
- Magnetically coupled V-shaped book cradles 120 - 180 degrees
- Motor-driven V-shaped glass plate for perfect scans
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2 and other 3rd party Software
- Laser assisted book fold correction - Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Optimize images without rescanning, real time display of scanned images
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Digital color balance - wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, native RGB
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB -- Direct output to the integrated USB-Port
- Scan2Net® -- Output to SMB, FTP, Printer, Email
- Output formats: Multipage PDF (PDF/A) &TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG) and many more
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner - Features
- Easy three button operation: Start -- Scan -- Send
- 2 x USB 3.0 port accessible on the front panel
- Large 21 inch full HD color multitouch screen for simplified operation, 2nd preview screen optional
- Smallest possible footprint, sits on any desktop or workspace
- User interface configurable in over 20 languages
- Intel® Core? Gen 8 processor, 240GB SSD, 8GB RAM
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Can be used as a standalone device without an external PC
- Virus protected 64 bit Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- Uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Scan2Net® technology
- Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light and ISO 19264-1
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Simple installation - scan minutes after taking it out of the box
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner - Options
- BSW-P-BE5-01 * -- Batch Scan Wizard Pro License for Bookeye 5 V2
- BE-TWAIN * -- TWAIN driver
- S2N-FSC -- Foot Switch, hardware accessory for batch scanning
- Scan2OCR -- Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with Batch Scan Wizard)
- Scan2ICC -- Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- BE5-V2-A-SP12M -- Full Coverage Warranty for one year-- Up to 5 years subscription available
* only with the option: Client Interface & HD 600 dpi
|Maximum Document Size||460 x 620 mm (18 x 24 inch), 14% more than DIN/ISO A2|
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A2+ @ 150 dpi: 0.9 s
DIN A2+ @ 200 dpi: 1.1 s
DIN A2+ @ 300 dpi: 1.6 s
DIN A2+ @ 400 dpi: 2.0 s
DIN A2+ @ 600 dpi: 3.0 s
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data and more
|ICC Profiles||Embedded for sRGB, Adobe RGB and native. Individual profiling via web based Scan2ICC subscription|
|Quality||Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel Core i3 generation 8 processor,
240GB SSD, 8 GB memory for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||21 inch Full HD 1920 * 1080 multitouch screen|
|USB Port||2 x USB 3.0 port, 4 x USB 2.0 port|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||CCD line sensor, 22,500 pixels (11,000 scan lines equals to a 245 MPixel matrix camera)|
|Live Preview Camera||CMOS matrix, area sensor|
|Light Source||White LEDs, tested according to IEC 62471, no IR/UV emission
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h typ. Lamps are covered by the Extended Warranty Option|
(H x W x D)
|720 x 655 x 645 mm (28 x 26 x 25 inch)|
|Weight Scanner||37 kg (82 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 1.5 W (Standby) / 55 W (Ready to Scan) / 125 W (Scanning)|
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
All Bookeye Scanners come with 12 Months Return to Base (RTB) Warranty for Parts and Labour. This means you will need to arrange for the Scanner to be sent back to the Docuvan Office in Bayswater Victoria for any Warranty claim.
There are Optional Warranty Upgrades available for 1 to 5 Years Extended On-Site Warranty.
These cover Parts & Labour On-Site (we come to you) for the period selected and include the Extended Support below. Please be aware these options do not cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the On-Site Support.
We are happy to discuss the options with you, if you are interested.
There is also an Extended Support Package, available for 1 to 5 Years. This is same day response by Phone, Email and Remote Connection Only.
We work with you to try and identify the problem.
Most issues can be diagnosed remotely and do not require a site visit. However, if an issue can’t be sorted remotely, then the scanner will need to be returned to the Docuvan Office for further investigation and support.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.