Image Access Bookeye 4 V2 Semiautomatic
Productivity and Quality for Digitization Projects
Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic overhead book scanner and book copier is suitable for digitization projects that require high quality and maximum productivity even in 24/7 operation.
Originals up to A2+ in size such as books, magazines, posters, folders or bound documents of all types, can be digitized at high speed and a maximum resolution of 600 dpi using Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic.
The unique self-adjusting book cradle solution allows scanning either at a 120 degree angle or in flat mode.
Motor Driven V-Shaped Glass Plate for High Productivity
The motor driven V-shaped book cradle enables distortion free scans while it also protects the book binding. The balanced design allows effortless scanning without any physical effort.
For exact positioning on the book fold, the V-shaped glass plate is moved horizontally. If required, the V-shaped glass plate can be removed without requiring any tools or special technical training.
Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic Functions & Features
Functions, features and options available on the Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic overhead scanner.
Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic Functions
- Color overhead scanner for formats up to A2+
- Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- 400 x 400 dpi / 600 x 600 dpi Scanner resolution
- V-shaped book cradle 120 - 180 degrees
- Motor driven V-shaped glass plate for perfect scans
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2 and other 3rd party Software
- Folder mode for scanning complete file folders
- Book Fold Correction - Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Integrated billing module
- Digital color balance
- Integrated ICC profile
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB -- Walk up scanning to USB Stick
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
- Scan2Pad® -- Operation via tablets or other mobile devices
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic Features
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Scan2Net® technology
- Easy installation
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Web based firmware updates
- Includes 12 months Full Coverage Warranty
Bookeye® 4 V2 Semiautomatic Options
- Foot Switch -- Hardware option for batch scanning
- Upgrade Client-Interface & 600 dpi -- Software option to upgrade to a production scanner
- Scan2ICC -- Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Scan2TWAIN -- TWAIN driver for Client Interface & 600 dpi
- Scan2OCR -- Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
|Maximum Document Size||460 x 620 mm (18 x 24.4 inches),
14% > DIN A2
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A2+ @ 150 dpi: 0.9 s
DIN A2+ @ 200 dpi: 1.1 s
DIN A2+ @ 300 dpi: 1.6 s
DIN A2+ @ 400 dpi: 2.0 s
DIN A2+ @ 600 dpi: 3.0 s
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data
|ICC Profiles||Embedded for sRGB, Adobe RGB and native. Individual profiling via web based Scan2ICC subscription|
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WVGA (wide VGA) touchscreen|
|Monitor||22 inch touchscreen (optionally available)|
|USB Port||2 USB Ports 3.0|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Light Source||White LEDs, tested according to IEC 62471, no IR/UV emission
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|900 x 880 x 860 mm (35.4 x 34.6 x 33.9 inches)|
|Weight Scanner||109 kg (240 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||16.5 W (Standby) / < 75 W (Ready to scan) / 150 W (Scanning) / 150 W (Fully automatic scan cycle)|
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 56 dB(A) (Fully automatic scan cycle) / < 40 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)|
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
All Bookeye Scanners come with 12 Months Return to Base (RTB) Warranty for Parts and Labour. This means you will need to arrange for the Scanner to be sent back to the Docuvan Office in Bayswater Victoria for any Warranty claim.
There are Optional Warranty Upgrades available for 1 to 5 Years Extended On-Site Warranty.
These cover Parts & Labour On-Site (we come to you) for the period selected and include the Extended Support below. Please be aware these options do not cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the On-Site Support.
We are happy to discuss the options with you, if you are interested.
There is also an Extended Support Package, available for 1 to 5 Years. This is same day response by Phone, Email and Remote Connection Only.
We work with you to try and identify the problem.
Most issues can be diagnosed remotely and do not require a site visit. However, if an issue can’t be sorted remotely, then the scanner will need to be returned to the Docuvan Office for further investigation and support.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.
We offer a rental service for certain Bookeye Models.
Please contact us to enquire about this service: [email protected]