Image Access Bookeye 4 V1A
The Bookeye 4 V1A is a top of the line, automated A1+ sized Book scanner that offers industry leading technology and speed.
This version comes with an automated glass pressure plate that is lowered on to the book holding it flat for the perfect scan as well as assisting workflow.
Image Access have, with the Bookeye 4 range, designed a high tech efficient book scanner that also is gentle on your books with no compromise in offering the industry best output in results as well as file handling.
The new Bookeye 4 V1A is the flagship model in the Bookeye range.
Scanning A1+ formats at 600 dpi scanner resolution, the Bookeye® 4 V1A features an automatic book cradle with up to 10 cm height adjustment, a glass plate that opens automatically and of course the 140 degree V-book cradle. Bookeye® 4 V1A is the world`s only working A1+ overhead book scanner that accommodates both flat documents - with or without the glass plate; as well as large, fragile bound documents, using the protective V cradle.
Bookeye® 4 V1A is suitable for digitization projects that require high quality and maximum productivity even in 24/7 operation.
Originals up to A1+, such as books, magazines, posters, folders or bound documents of all kinds can be digitized by the Bookeye® 4 V1A at high speed and a resolution of 600 dpi.
A high-performance production scanner is dependent on a strong capturing software.Image Access has four powerful software packages in its portfolio for Bookeye® 4 V1A which enable optimal capture for large projects.
Batch Scan Wizard, BCS-2 and Goobi UCC are designed to compliment the Bookeye® 4 V1A and can meet any requirement within a digitization project.Furthermore, the Bookeye® 4 V1A can also be used via the optional TWAIN driver interfacing with third party applications.
WideTEK® 36ART Functions and Features
Functions and features available on the WideTEK® 36ART wide format CCD fine art scanner.
WideTEK® 36ART Functions
- Scans fine art or other material 914 x 1524 mm / 36 x 60 inches wide or 914 x 2224 mm / 36 x 87.6 inches wide, with optional scan table extension
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- Maximum scan height of 100 mm / 4 inches
- Document thickness of 200 mm / 8 inches (E.g. Canvas up to max. 100 mm in a frame up to 200 mm thickness)
- Fastest color scanning at 42.2 mm/s / 1.66 inch/s @ 300 dpi
- Fastest 3D texture color scanning at 21.1 mm/s / 0.83 inch/s @ 300dpi
- 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more "blind"scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB -- Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
WideTEK® 36ART Features
- Contact-free scanning of fragile material or even wet artwork
- Scan table can be moved manually or motorized
- Dual LED lamps with integrated natural light diffusor, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large 15 inch color touchscreen for simplified operation
- Single path texture scanning, patent pending stitching
- Motorized focus adjustment up to 4 inches
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
|Maximum Document Size||635 x 850 mm (25 x 33.5 inches),
8% > DIN A1
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A1+ @ 150 dpi: 1.2 s
DIN A1+ @ 200 dpi: 1.5 s
DIN A1+ @ 300 dpi: 2.1 s
DIN A1+ @ 400 dpi: 2.8 s
DIN A1+ @ 600 dpi: 4.1 s
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data
|ICC Profiles||Embedded for sRGB, Adobe RGB and native. Individual profiling via web based Scan2ICC subscription|
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WVGA (wide VGA) touchscreen|
|Monitor||27 inch 4K preview screen|
|USB Port||2 USB Ports 3.0|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Light Source||White LEDs, tested according to IEC 62471, no IR/UV emission
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|1.100 x 880 x 855 mm (43.3 x 34.6 x 33.7 inches)|
|Weight Scanner||77 kg (170 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 2.5 W (Standby) /
75 W (Ready to scan) / 130 W (Scanning)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||55 dB(A) (Book cradle motor working) /
< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
All Bookeye Scanners come with 12 Months Return to Base (RTB) Warranty for Parts and Labour. This means you will need to arrange for the Scanner to be sent back to the Docuvan Office in Bayswater Victoria for any Warranty claim.
There are Optional Warranty Upgrades available for 1 to 5 Years Extended On-Site Warranty.
These cover Parts & Labour On-Site (we come to you) for the period selected and include the Extended Support below. Please be aware these options do not cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the On-Site Support.
We are happy to discuss the options with you, if you are interested.
There is also an Extended Support Package, available for 1 to 5 Years. This is same day response by Phone, Email and Remote Connection Only.
We work with you to try and identify the problem.
Most issues can be diagnosed remotely and do not require a site visit. However, if an issue can’t be sorted remotely, then the scanner will need to be returned to the Docuvan Office for further investigation and support.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.