Image Access Bookeye 4 V1A-C35/50
Bookeye ® 4 V1A-C35/C50 is the professional solution for digitization projects that require high quality images at maximum productivity, while eliminating strenuous, repetitive tasks required of an operator to get the job done.
Bookeye 4 V1A-C35/C50 scans originals up to A1 in size at high speeds, with the unique book cradle for books up to 50 cm thick. The motor-driven glass plate operates three modes: fixed glass plate, without glass plate, and with an automatic mode.
Bookeye 4 V1A-C35/C50 with a motorized book cradle for digitization projects
Book scanner for V-mode scans at 140° or 180°. Glass plate & motorized cradle for books up to 50 cm thick
Fully automatic operation, sensor controlled pressure
In Auto Mode, the scanning process is fully automatic. Sensors in the book cradle plates control the pressure. The book cradle plates are motor driven and deal with a book thickness of up to 35 cm or 50 cm. Upgrade from 35 cm to 50 cm lifting height via software key.
Together with software packages such as Batch Scan Wizard, BCS-2® and Goobi UCC, even the toughest requirements of a digitization project can be met.
Bookeye® 4 V1A-C35/C50 Book Scanner - Functions
- Color overhead scanner for formats up to A1+
- Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- 600 x 600 dpi scanner resolution
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2
- Upgrade from 35 to 50cm lifting height via software key
- V-shaped book cradle 140 - 180 degrees
- Flexible book cradle enables V and flat mode scan position
- Motorized, for books up to 50cm thick
- Automatic motorized glass plate
- Scanning with or without glass plate
- Regulated contact pressure due to automatic detection of the documents
- Scanner freely accessible, also from right and left side
- User-friendly scan modes (Automatic / Book / V)
- Book Fold Correction - Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Digital color balance
- Integrated ICC-profile
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB -- Walk-up Scanning to USB Stick
- Scan2Print -- Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network -- Output to network resources, SMB, FT
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
Bookeye® 4 V1A-C35/C50 Book Scanner - Features
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simplified operation
- Intuitive touchscreen user interface on the control panel
- User interface configurable in your language
- Large 27 inch 4K preview screen
- Virus resistant Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Easy installation
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Web based firmware updates
- Includes 12 months Full Coverage Warranty
Bookeye® 4 V1A-C35/C50 Book Scanner - Option
- Foot Switch -- Hardware option for batch scanning
- Scan2ICC -- Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Scan2TWAIN -- TWAIN driver for Client-Interface
- Scan2OCR -- Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty -- Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts
|Maximum Document Size||635 x 850 mm (25 x 33.5 inches),
8% > DIN A1
|Scanner Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||DIN A1+ @ 150 dpi: 1.2 s
DIN A1+ @ 200 dpi: 1.5 s
DIN A1+ @ 300 dpi: 2.1 s
DIN A1+ @ 400 dpi: 2.8 s
DIN A1+ @ 600 dpi: 4.1 s
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data and more
|ICC Profiles||Embedded for sRGB, Adobe RGB and native. Individual profiling via web based Scan2ICC subscription|
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI ** guidelines, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WVGA (wide VGA) touchscreen|
|Monitor||27 inch 4K preview screen|
|USB Port||2 USB Ports 3.0|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based
|Light Source||White LEDs, tested according to IEC 62471, no IR/UV emission
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
|Book Cradle, motorized||Bookeye® 4 V1A-C35: 35 cm (13.8 .inch) lifting height
Bookeye® 4 V1A-C50: 50 cm (19.7 inch) lifting height
(H x W x D)
|1740 x 1650 x 1000 mm (68.5 x 65 x 39.4 inch)|
|Weight Scanner||166 kg (365 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||33 W (Standby) / ≤ 90 W (Ready to scan, monitor on) /
≤ 130 W (Scanning) /
≤ 230 W (Fully automatic scan cycle)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 55 dB(A) (Fully automatic scan cycle) /
< 38 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 33 dB(A) (Standby)
Technical changes, errors and omissions excepted. All information subject to change.
All Bookeye Scanners come with 12 Months Return to Base (RTB) Warranty for Parts and Labour. This means you will need to arrange for the Scanner to be sent back to the Docuvan Office in Bayswater Victoria for any Warranty claim.
There are Optional Warranty Upgrades available for 1 to 5 Years Extended On-Site Warranty.
These cover Parts & Labour On-Site (we come to you) for the period selected and include the Extended Support below. Please be aware these options do not cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the On-Site Support.
We are happy to discuss the options with you, if you are interested.
There is also an Extended Support Package, available for 1 to 5 Years. This is same day response by Phone, Email and Remote Connection Only.
We work with you to try and identify the problem.
Most issues can be diagnosed remotely and do not require a site visit. However, if an issue can’t be sorted remotely, then the scanner will need to be returned to the Docuvan Office for further investigation and support.
Docuvan will provide a number of key environmental and IT Setup requirements prior to delivery of your scanner. This will enable you to place the scanner in a suitable location and connect it to your network once it arrives.
It also means we will be as efficient as possible in getting you up to speed with your new scanner without typical IT delays,
once we come on site or remote connect to it for the setup, configuration and training.
Because the Bookeye has a built-in Linux PC and is managed from a simple interface on a touch screen, it very quick to get up to speed with.
There is also a web interface that can be used for setup and configuration of the scanning profiles from a PC on the same network, if you want to do it that way, using a Poweruser login.
We provide On-Site Training for multiple staff, if required. This can be broken into Administrator and User Training, if required.
Alternatively, we offer remote training over the internet, using TeamViewer or Microsoft Teams, connected to your scanner, so we can configure the scanner to your needs as part of the training.
This can be more cost effective where travel and accommodation costs are prohibitive. (Or we are subject to travel restriction such as during covid)
This would require the IT component to be pre-configured so it can be accessed remotely.