For the paper-intensive back-office, the FUJITSU Image Scanner fi-6400 digitizes tens of thousands of documents a day. With proven feed mechanics and high-quality image cleanup, the fi-6400 sustains a spectacular throughput, providing businesses with an exceptional ROI. As promised, Fujitsu has delivered a trusted production scanner in a quiet and compact space.
- Output resolution: Up to 600 dpi
- Speed:100 ppm (simplex) / 200 ipm (duplex) in Color, Grayscale and Monochrome @ 200 dpi and 300 dpi
- Paper Size: Min ADF: 52 mm x 74 mm (2 in. x 3 in.) – Max ADF: 297 mm x 420 mm (11.7 in. x 16.5 in.)
- ADF Capacity: Up to 500 sheets
For the paper-intensive back-office, the Fujitsu fi-6400 scanner digitizes tens of thousands of documents a day. With proven feed mechanics and high-quality image cleanup, the fi-6400 sustains a spectacular throughput, providing businesses with an exceptional ROI. As promised, Fujitsu has delivered a trusted production scanner in a quiet and compact space.
The ideal blend of features and performance to maximize scanning productivity
- Fast, 100 ppm (simplex) / 200 ipm (duplex) scanning in monochrome or color (letter, landscape @ 300 dpi)
- Space-saving design with quiet operation and many environmental friendly qualities
- Easy to use operator panel with multi-language support
- Triple Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection with Intelligent MultiFeed ・Function and retain image feature
- 500-page automatic document feeder with adjustable height hopper
- Scanner Central Admin Suite
- Comes with 2D Barcode for PaperStream
- Comes with PaperStream IP (TWAIN/ISIS) and PaperStream Capture and PaperStream Capture Pro is available as an option.
- Maintain optimal up-time and peak performance with Fujitsu service and support
Advanced Features to Maximize Your Productivity
- Large volume hopper and high speed scanning
To boost the efficiency of large volume scanning at centralized operations, up to 500 sheets can be loaded in the hopper at a time. Together with an impressive scanning speed of 100 ppm (color, A4 size, simplex, 200/300 dpi, landscape), maximum productivity can be achieved.
- Advanced feeding mechanism
The fi-6400 is capable of digitizing a variety of document types used in many scenarios from ultra-thin receipts to thick documents (20-209 g/m²). In addition, this scanner is equipped with a reliable “paper protection functions” to minimize the risk of documents being damaged even during high speed scanning.
Remarkable small design
Having a front loading feeding mechanism and low height compact design, the fi-6400 allows operators to perform scanning tasks while sitting at their desk. The scanner is designed to minimize the device’s height to allow users to load and remove scanned documents with ease. This greatly reduces the stress on operators who scan for extended periods of time.
Leading Hardware Technology Paired with Expert Software
The Fujitsu fi-6400 scanner empowers scanner operators to provide efficient centralized batch scanning. The included suite of PaperStream IP, PaperStream Capture and Scanner Central Admin provides users with a powerful, efficient and easy-to-use image enhancement solution to get organizations up and scanning quickly and easily.
- PaperStream IP – Automatically creates high quality images without manual adjustments
The scanner driver PaperStream IP, which provides TWAIN/ISIS support, automatically converts documents into exceptionally clean images, improves OCR even when scanning wrinkled/soiled documents or documents with backgrounds and eliminates the hassle of fine tuning scanner settings.
- PaperStream Capture – Batch scanning, validate and confirm the document content
PaperStream Capture is an application for scanning and managing scanned images from Fujitsu’s fi Series scanners. Adjusting scanning settings and performing batch scanning, are accomplished easily with PaperStream Capture’s user-friendly interface. With the seamless linkage to the PaperStream IP driver, high quality image processing and batch scanning are performed simultaneously. With just a few easy settings, PaperStream Capture automates sorting and saving of scanned documents. The “Automatic Image Quality Checker” automatically highlights folded and damaged documents allowing effortless validation of scanned images.
- PaperStream Capture Pro
A high-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro enhances Fujitsu fi Series’ superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing. PaperStream Capture Pro offers cost-effective improvement tools such as PaperStream IP for optimized image capture. As a distributed capture model, this scanner software captures your data without added costs and resources. This solution benefits organizations and departments that require an efficient yet easy way to convert paper documents into a digital file for high level data indexing and extraction. Improve records management processes and drive down business expenses with PaperStream Capture Pro.
- Scanner Central Admin – Efficiently manage multiple scanners
Using the bundled Scanner Central Admin application, up to 1,000 scanners can be managed from one central location. In addition, the usage status is traced, so periodic replacement of consumables can be performed smoothly.
Automatic Stacker ensures all your scanned documents are stacked neatly after scanning.Intelligent multifeed function
The acclaimed “Intelligent multifeed function”, simplifies pre-scanning preparation and improves efficiency by allowing users to ignore false multifeed alerts caused by photos and sticky notes attached to documents.
Check scanner status and settings from an easy to navigate LCD panel
Simple and thus very sturdy construction with a wide flip-up cover for easy cleaning
Near silent running makes it perfect for office environments
Post imprinters (Front-side, Back-side) support (Option)
|Supported operating systems||Windows® 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows® 8/8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server® 2016 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2012 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2012 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2008 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2008 (32-bit/64-bit)|
|Scanner type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) + Manual Feed|
|Scanning modes||Simplex / Duplex, Color / Grayscale / Monochrome|
|Image sensor type||Color CCD (Charge-coupled device) x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light source||White LED array(1)|
|Multifeed detection||Ultrasonic multi-feed detection sensor x 3, Paper detection sensor|
|Document size||Maximum||A3 Portrait (297 x 420 mm or 11.7 x 16.5 in.)
Double letter (279.4 x 431.8 mm or 11 x 17 in.)
|Minimum||A8 Portrait (52 x 74 mm or 2 x 3 in.)|
|Long paper scanning
|up to 3,048 mm (120in.)|
|Paper weight (Thickness)||Less than A5 size: 0.050 to 0.25 mm (41 to 209 g/m², or 11 to 56 lb)
A4 to A5 size: 0.025 to 0.25 mm (20 to 209 g/m², or 5.4 to 56 lb)
Over A4: 0.050 to 0.25 mm (41 to 209 g/m², or 11 to 56 lb)
(A4 (Letter) Landscape)(3)
|Color(4)||Simplex: 100 (100) ppm @ 200/300 dpi
Duplex: 200 (199) ipm @ 200/300 dpi
(A4 (Letter) Portrait)(3)
|Color(4)||Simplex: 85 (87) ppm @ 200/300 dpi
Duplex: 170 (174) ipm @ 200/300 dpi
|Paper chute capacity (A4/Letter Landscape)(5)||500 sheets (A4/Letter: 80 g/m² or 20 lb)|
|Background colors||White / Black (Selectable)|
|Optical resolution||600 dpi|
|Daily Duty Cycle||40,000 Pages|
|Color (24-bit)||50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments), 1,200 dpi (driver)(7)|
|Output format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Internal video processing||1,024 levels (10-bit)|
|Connector shape||B type|
|Image processing functions||Auto color detection, Automatic page size detection, De-skew, Automatic orientation, Upper lower separation, Multi-image output, Blank page skip, Error diffusion, Dither, Dropout color (R, G, B, None, White, Specified, Saturation), Image emphasis, Simplified DTC, Advanced DTC, iDTC, sRGB|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10 %|
|Power consumption||Operating: 200 W or less
Sleep mode: 3.2 W or less
Auto Standby (OFF) mode: Less than 0.5 W
|Operating environment||Temperature: 15 to 35 °C (59 to 95 °F)
Relative humidity: 20 to 80% (Non-condensing)
|Dimensions: Width x Depth x Height(8)||460 x 430 x 310 mm (18.1 x 16.9 x 12.2 in.)
Installation space: 860 x 1,630 x 350 mm (33.8 x 64.1 x 13.7 in.)
|Weight||32 kg or less|
|Included software / drivers||PaperStream IP driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver(9), PaperStream Capture, 2D Barcode for PaperStream(10), Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, Scanner Central Admin|
|Environmental compliance||ENERGY STAR® / RoHS|
|Included items||AC cable, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
|Options||Post Imprinter (Front-side) and Post Imprinter (Back-side), PaperStream Capture Pro|
- CLASS 1 LED PRODUCT
- Capable of scanning documents that exceed A3 size in length. Documents that exceed 431.8 mm (17 in.) are limited to 400 dpi for lengths up to 863 mm (34 in.). Documents between 863 mm and 3,048 mm (120 in.) in length are limited to 300 dpi.
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Maximum output resolutions may vary, depending upon the size of the area being scanned and whether the scanner is scanning in simplex or duplex.
- Some limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Excludes the ADF hopper.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the WIA Driver.
- Software can be downloaded from the website designated in the Setup DVD-ROM.
|Pick Roller||PA03575-K011||Lifetime: Every 600,000 sheets or one year.
These rollers feed documents into the scanner.
|Separator Roller||PA03575-K012||Lifetime: Every 600,000 sheets or one year
These rollers feed documents through the scanner.
|Brake Roller||PA03575-K013||Lifetime: Every 600,000 sheets or one year.
These rollers separate documents as they are being fed into the scanner.
|Print Cartridge||CA00050-0262||Lifetime: 4,000,000 printed characters.
(FI-680PRF / FI-680PRB print head)
|PA03575-D201||Post-scan Imprinter / Front-side printing on document|
|PA03575-D203||Post-scan Imprinter / Back-side printing on document|
|PaperStream Capture Pro Scan Station (MV)||PA43404-A695||PaperStream Capture Pro optional license for fi-6400|
Find out the details about your product’s warranty and information on how to extend your warranty.
Warranty Information (Worldwide)